Report of Odisha RTE Forum meeting
Created by nabamaster on Mon, 2012-01-23 21:41
MINUTES OF ODISHA RTE FORUM(DRAFT)
9TH JANUARY 2012, SIKSHASANDHAN CONFERENCE HALL, BHUBANESWAR
The third meeting of the ODISHA RTE FORUM (ORF) took place on 9th January 2012 at Sikshasandhan Conference Hall, Bhubaneswar which was hosted by Save the Children with participants from different organization, network and agencies. The list of the participants is given in the annexure. This meeting was the third meeting of the forum after its formation on 19th October 2011. The objective of the meeting had three major agendas including review of the decisions taken in the last Odisha RTR forum meeting and planning of the upcoming activities.
The meeting began with the formal welcome by Mr. Anil Pradhan, Member-Secreatary, Sikshasandhan. Conveying the gratitude of being a partner in this process, he highlighted the decisions which were taken in the last meeting of Odisha RTE forum following which the panel came on with the following decisions:
- Ensuring membership in Odisha RTE forum both at grass root and state level
- State level convention on Siksha ra Adhikar on 6th February 2012
- Annual Stock Taking on RTE in the month of April 2012
Regarding list of NGOs who will be partners of the nationwide campaign for community mobilization (Siksha ka Haq Abhiyan), it was decided that request letter will be sent to the respective NGOs those who have been listed by UNICEF earlier. Accordingly who will be interested in joining the campaign and state RTE forum will be included in the final list of partners. Bharati Chakra, save the Children intimated that she is having the list with detailed address. List of NGOs is to be finalized by 14th January2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the State Level Convention on “Siksha ra Adhikar” the following decisions have been taken and responsibilities assigned to the members present:
- Preparing a letter head in the name of ODISHA RTE FORUM. Sikshasandhan has been assigned to print the letter head.
- The concept note and a note on Odisha RTE forum will be jointly prepared by Bharati Chakra and Anil Pradhan.
- Guest to be invited for the state convention is as follows:
Secretary, School and Mass Education
Director Elementary Education
2-3 members of National RTE forum
Secretary, Department of Women and Child Development
Secretary, Department of SC and ST
Mr. Prdaipta Nayak suggested that the students’ wings of various political parties to be invited to the convention, but due to lack of consensus it was decided that they will be invited as participants only and not as speakers.
Oriya translation of NCPCR Checklist and community mobilization strategy document will be translated into Oriya.
- Mr. Pradipta Nayak, IHRE has been assigned to fix an appointment with government officials and a team of working committee will meet the above government officials and invite them for the Convention
- Regarding the Annual Stock Taking on RTE it was decided that state RTE forum will conduct a research study on the status of implementation of RTE in Odisha. NCPCR Checklist will be used as tools for conducting this research study. The report will be shared during the stock taking.
It was decided by all the present members that Mr. Anil Pradhan, Member-secretary, Sikshasandhan will be the convener of this forum