This portal is a One Stop resource for all interested in the Right to Education Act in India. Here you can find news, events, blog discussions, legislation and analysis. Follow the process to get portal updates by subscribing our RSS feeds.
Behind the RTE Portal is the RTE Coalition – a collaborative effort that want to nurture a democratic space where each coalition partner - and interested citizen/ teacher/ parent/ stakeholder - will be able to strategize and contribute as to make universal elementary education a reality in India. The most visible component of the coalition is this RTE Portal but also the physical events and real life discussion that flow out of its networks and ideas.
Any organisation or individual that want to support free exchange of ideas on RTE is welcome to join the RTE Coalition as Partner. You do not have to take a collective stand for or against various issues in the Act in order to join the Coalition.
Located in South Delhi at the office of CCS, the RTE Coalition will from time to time call on its partners for live discussions and planning sessions. Membership is free and applications can be sent via the Contact Us section.
COALITION PARTNERS (in alphabetical order)
- ARK (http://www.arkonline.org/)
- CCS (http://www.ccs.in)
- Commission for Education and Culture of CBCI (http://www.cbcisite.com/)
- CREDA (http://www.credaindia.org)
- Educational Initiatives (http://www.ei-india.com)
- Mahita (http://www.mahita.org/)
- Naandi (http://www.naandi.org)
- Nursery Admissions(http://www.nurseryadmissions.com)
- School Choice Campaign (http://schoolchoice.in)